This is the November 1896 Thanksgiving menu for The Taylor restaurant, located in the Taylor Block, at 203-207 N. Bridge St.
James Taylor bought the hotel at this address in 1879. In 1883 it burned down, and Taylor rebuilt The Taylor Block in 1885.
The new building was home to several businesses including restaurant. In 1896 at the time this menu was advertised Jesse Thomas was running the restaurant.
He sold the building in 1902.
Among his many accomplishments, Taylor was the first mayor of Chippewa Falls, the first engineer of the Chippewa Falls Fire Dept., the second superintendent of schools and served in the Wisconsin Legislature.
The Taylor Block was later known as the Cobban Block.