STANLEY — A minor fire broke out around 5:30 a.m. Wednesday at the Ace Ethanol plant, 815 W. Maple St.
Neal Kemmet, president and general manager of Ace Ethanol, said that some of the material that the plant processes caught fire in the duct work. The fire was extinguished, but the material kept smoldering.
The Stanley Fire Department was called, and asked for mutual aid from the Chippewa Fire District for a ladder truck, which the Stanley department does not have.
Firefighters were still on the scene as of 8:20 a.m. Kemmet said no one was injured, and there has been no property damage.