Two injured in ammonia leak Thursday

2011-07-09T13:00:00Z Two injured in ammonia leak ThursdayBy THE HERALD Chippewa Herald
July 09, 2011 1:00 pm  • 

Two people working on a crew for the Union Pacific Railway were taken to St. Joseph’s Hospital in Chippewa Falls after an ammonia leak in the town of Eagle Point.

The incident was reported at 11:39 p.m. Thursday.

According to Battalion Chief Jon Taylor of the Chippewa Falls Fire Department, two people complained of  eye and chest irritation.

The fire department determined the anhydrous ammonia leak was coming from at a tank at Crossroads Ag in the town of Eagle Point, at 8002 Commerce Parkway.

Taylor said two Eagle Point firefighters  shut off the tank’s valve.

Copyright 2015 Chippewa Herald. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

No Comments Posted.

Add Comment
You must Login to comment.

Click here to get an account it's free and quick

Follow The Chippewa Herald

Search local business directory

Hint: Enter a keyword that you are looking for like tires, pizza or doctors or browse the full business directory.









Latest Local Offers

Poll

Loading…

Are you vacationing or will you vacation in a warm place to escape winter's chill?

View Results

Featured Businesses