Chippewa Falls Senior High School

A hold of students at Chippewa Falls Senior High School has been lifted, Superintendent Heidi Eliopoulos said in a Monday afternoon email to parents.

"Law enforcement and administration are confident that the threat against the school is resolved and that we can safely continue on with the day. Hillcrest (Elementary) will be releasing at its normal time. All after-school activities will continue as scheduled. 

"This morning, threats were found in three separate bathrooms. The threats were specific and mentioned acts of violence including bombs and shootings that would occur if we evacuated the school. As a result, we went into a hold, where we stayed until just now.

"Two students have been identified and jointly questioned by law enforcement and administration for their alleged responsibility for the threats. A thorough search of the parking lot and school found no weapons or bombs."

The school being placed on hold meant students and staff stayed in classrooms and avoided passing in hallways. Lunch was provided to students. Students were also escorted to bathrooms during the hold.

Members of the Chippewa Falls Police Department and Chippewa County Sheriff's Department investigated the threat, along with district administrators.

"Thank you very much for your patience, cooperation and understanding as we worked to ensure our schools are safe for our students. We are fortunate to have a strong relationship with our law enforcement, who responded swiftly and with all available resources to support us in this situation," Eliopoulos wrote. 

"If ever your child expresses concern about safety at school, please help them identify an adult at school whom they trust and can share their concerns with. Thank you to you all for keeping the staff, students, parents, law enforcement, and community in your thoughts during this extremely difficult and unnerving day."

The Chippewa Falls School board will meet at 7 p.m. Tuesday at the Administration Building, where Monday's incident likely will be discussed.

The action in Chippewa Falls follows by a few days a threat written on a bathroom stall of Eau Claire Memorial High School. In that case, students were released after a partial day of classes. A 15-year-old has been referred to juvenile authorities in the Eau Claire Memorial case.


Load comments