Solid waste permit

Dunn County Solid Waste & Recycling reminds all residents that 2018 Solid Waste Permits must be displayed in their vehicle by Saturday, Feb. 3. If the permit is not displayed, residents will be charged $3 per bag or barrel of household trash. This is to help protect the municipalities who pay a per capita fee for their residents to participate in the Dunn County Solid Waste Program.

Solid waste permits are only needed when disposing of household trash — defined as standard items that are disposed of in an indoor household trash receptacle on a regularly occurring basis. Items such as carpeting, flooring, cabinetry, dry wall, toilets and lumber fall into the category of construction and demolition wastes and incur a fee.

Residents who live in non-participating municipalities, such as the city of Menomonie, towns of Hay River, Sand Creek, Stanton and Eau Galle, or the village of Knapp, may either purchase a permit for $80 a year (pro-rated throughout the year); or pay the $3 fee for each bag or barrel of household trash.

Those who have not yet received a 2018 Solid Waste Permit or are interested in purchasing one can call 715-232-4017 or email

Subscribe to Breaking News

* I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its user agreement and privacy policy.

Dunn County News editor

Barbara Lyon is the editor of The Dunn County News in Menomonie, WI.

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.