EAU CLAIRE, Wis. — Mayo Clinic Health System is offering Wisconsin Interscholastic Athletic Association (WIAA) sports physicals and immunization clinics to student athletes in northwest Wisconsin who are entering grades seven through 12.
Exams are required by WIAA for participation in extracurricular school sports. During the clinics, student athletes receive comprehensive WIAA sports physicals by a medical provider. Physicals cost $35 during these clinics only; cash payment is required on the day of service.
All students, whether coming for a sports physical or not, are invited to update their chickenpox, HPV, meningococcal and Tdap immunizations at the same time for an additional fee.
Participants who receive immunizations have the option to bill their insurance.
Call for an appointment at these locations:
- Elmwood: Thursday, July 26, 8 a.m.–12 p.m. 262 E. Springer Ave. Call 715-639-4151.
- Glenwood City: Friday, July 27, 8 a.m.–12 p.m. 219 Oak St. Call 715-265-7321.
- Menomonie: Tuesday, July 24, 1 p.m.–4 p.m., and Wednesday, July 25, 9 a.m.–noon. 2321 Stout Road. Call 715-233-7777.
Walk in only at these locations:
- Barron: Wednesday, July 25, 1 p.m.–4 p.m. at 1222 E. Woodland Ave.
- Bloomer: Tuesday, July 31, 1 p.m.–4 p.m. 1501 Thompson St.
- Chetek: Tuesday, July 24, 1 p.m.–4 p.m. 220 Douglas St.
- Chippewa Falls: Monday, July 23, 1 p.m.–4 p.m. 611 First Ave.
- Rice Lake: Thursday, July 26, 1 p.m.–4 p.m. 331 S. Main St.
Athletes are asked to bring a completed WIAA card, available from their high school office. A parent or guardian must accompany each student younger than 18.
If athletes are unable to attend one of these dates or if their insurance requires a different type of exam, they can schedule an appointment on another date at the regular physical exam rate.
Visit the Sports Medicine page at mayoclinichealthsystem.org for more information about Sports Medicine services.