June 13, 1931: Chippewa Herald newspaper: An A&W root beer stand was opened in Chippewa Falls at Bridge and River streets.
You have free articles remaining.
July 17, 1931: Chippewa Herald newspaper: Elton Boettcher and Norman Kaste are working in the A&W root beer stand at Chippewa Falls.
August 12, 1935: Chippewa Herald newspaper: Mr. and Mrs. William Rudy announce sale of the A&W root beer stand to Mr. and Mrs. Norman Kaste.
February 16, 1946: Chippewa Herald newspaper: A petition signed by residents of property owners residing at North Bridge Street, Elm Street and Pond Street was read asking the Council to take such action as is necessary to restrain and prevent the construction and operation of a drive-in root beer stand at Bridge and Elm streets.
March 20, 1946: Chippewa Herald newspaper: The council voted nine to one in favor of granting Norman A. Kaste a permit to erect a root beer stand at the corner of Bridge and Elm Streets. The building has been moved from its former location at the corner of Bridge and River Streets. Alderman Meuli of the Eighth ward voted against the proposal.